fbpx

Reply To: Hello Manaaki experts! My name is Lilah and I am a 10 year old schoolgirl.  I have been on a mission since 2019 to get more drinking fountains installed in our parks around the country (Auckland (for example) only has fountains in 5% of its parks) when I started The Public Water Project.  I decided to campaign for more fountains as I am passionate about preventing single use plastic entering our oceans and landfill. Drinking fountains also encourage healthy habits amongst children.  Initially, I was talking to companies about sponsoring fountains but last year made this more difficult so I also decided to launch a social enterprise to generate income that I can then use to buy fountains.My business is called Water Us and I am selling eco-friendly toilet paper (in gorgeous paper packaging designed by well known NZ artist, Reuben Paterson), with 50% of the profits going to buy drinking fountains for our parks and playgrounds.  I have launched a crowd-funding campaign on Pledge Me to pre-sell products which you can see here.  I want to raise $30,000 to fund the first bulk production run.  Once I have some stock, I will launch an online shop that will sell direct to my customers and I also want to offer a subscription service.  I would like some advice please on how to create good online marketing campaigns for facebook and instagram which will help me build my subscription business.  My mum has built a basic site for me on Shopify which you can see here as a temporary site until after my Pledge Me campaign finishes when we can then build an actual shop.    Thank you for your time.  

Up
Down

Evening Lilah 🙂

I absolutely love the initiative you have started, the passion and desire to have a healthy country can be felt in your words.

I had the opportunity to watch your live tonight with the wonderful Rachel Adams (GM of Manaaki) and was very inspired (I was also the girl who was asking all those questions on the question stickers).

The other experts that have posted in this thread have made excellent points and also offered up some wonderful opportunities, what an awesome start to get your mind around the social platform and execution opportunities.

Going off my questions asked tonight from your live – Have you thought about setting up a Chooice Store ( http://www.chooice.co.nz ) and offering pre-sales of product via the Facebook group ( https://www.facebook.com/groups/Chooice ).

Chooice has created an phenomenal platform with an incredible reach to active shoppers. Posting on the group page comes at no cost as well so it is the perfect opportunity to test the market with some simple advertising.

I think creating a post similar to what Annabelle Lindberg said around a video campaign would be very well received in the Group Page.

The positive to posting in the Chooice Group (I would recommend posting as a personal profile and also as your business profile) is the opportunity to reach a great platform that currently has a following of 546.6k shoppers, majority based here in NZ and ready/wanting to support local business. There are also no limitations to how often you post as long as you follow the Chooice guidelines.

One other option that could be quite positive from posting on the group is the potential reach to Airbnb owners around NZ who could sign up to your subscription package. Nothing says live, love local like an awesome kiwiana bathroom.

I have spoken to Soleil (pronounced So-Lay) who is Director CX of the Chooice website and she has said that she is happy for you to contact her on support@chooice.co.nz to talk about possibilities on the platform and she is happy to help you to set up your store.

Hopefully this is able to help Lilah, can’t wait to see your growth and always happy to help you in the social sector.

Jazzy.