fbpx

Reply To: Hi there, I’m currently with an immigration consultancy business and we are currently brainstorming around developing our services to support organisations in bringing staff from overseas across the critical worker criteria (we are not a placement/recruitment firm but more on the advisory side). Currently, as you may know, the current climate can be challenging but it would definitely be helpful to us to get information from businesses around this topic.I am currently reaching out to business owners and trying to see if 1) have you brought in anyone overseas through the critical worker criteria from INZ 2) Is your business able to find local skilled talents and do you feel the need to hire from someone overseasThank you in advance and I definitely would love to hear your insights on this matter.

Up
Down

Morning – while I certainly know that there are critical workers coming into NZ, I am not across personally the firms that have been able to achieve this. More 2nd hand. However to your second question – are there worker shortages and/or struggling to find people in certain areas – I know a lot of businesses that are struggling with this – from electricians being one in solar installations to many other areas from what I know. I think most business owners believe that it is pretty hard to get workers through the border for now, so they if they shortages they don’t think ‘lets get them from overseas’ – they more likely say, ‘ok what do we do now’. A