fbpx

Reply To: Kia OraI’m just wounder whether the team at Manaaki could help me with the growth of our family run company?Here’s a bit of a back story of my journey so far. My name is Norman Kete, I’m an Owner/Director of a Workplace Health & Safety Training company, but our predominantly focus is on crane training & assessing. We are based out of Taupo but travel up & down the country. I’ve been apart of the crane industry for over 15 years, & during that time, I was also a crane operator. But at the end of 2013, due to a non work related injury, I lost my right eye. So because of the fact that I had monocular vision, I couldn’t go back to operating the 100 to 130ton cranes I was once operating. I ended up on ACC for a year or so, but was approached by a training company to become a crane trainer /assessor. I worked for that training company for 3 years before I decided to go out on my own. So my wife & I started Leverage Training Ltd. We’ve had a really great start, especially over our first 2 years & managed to gain a great client base; but that was pre Covid-19. Post Covid-19 has seen our sales drop around 40%.Anyway, we’ve been struggling with our Leverage Training presence online & I’ve had quite a drop in the way of gathering new customers, especially since Covid. My loyal customers are keeping us going, but I need to reach out to new companies to secure move work.So again, I was hoping Manaaki might have some suggestions to help us grow in this current climate. Cheers! Kind RegardsNorman KeteLeverage Training Ltd.

Up
Down

Kia ora Norman

What a great business you have built out of a difficult time for you.

We successfully took our two training organisations online, one of them way before COVID was a thing, 2 years prior, we built an online school that offers building and fire compliance training across that industry, into councils and through IQP’s.
We already had a following before COVID and then that brought a whole new uptake from those resisting online training prior to having to seek options.

Are you able to deliver some or all of your training online to add another stream of income and ‘covid’ proof your future business?

We are experts at helping businesses get their content online you can see examples of our online schools here, one is focused on technical training in the compliance world and one is more professional development focused

https://buildingnetworks.learnworlds.com/

https://www.switchedonlearning.net/

If you have some level of technical ability in the online space, and some content that could be converted easily to online modules, this may help you pivot a little and expand your offering and reach beyond events that can be affected with lock downs etc

I would be happy to have a chat further with you about this if you are interested in exploring this possibility

Jen