Hi Jatinda – the million dollar question! Am I correct in you running SeCompAss, a digi security business? If so, nice business. In a world that is going digi fast, I see a lot of opportunity for you. Some thoughts….
1. Understand that your business model, the way you make your sales might look different from now on. Your ability to rapid pivot in response to what your customers are needing right now will be critical to your future.
2. Get on the phone with your customers to gain INSIGHT. Try to avoid email if you can. You’re after insight and that comes from having a conversation. Call up as many customers as you can over a few days. Be DISCIPLINED in this. You are after insight so you need to ASK, LISTEN and RECORD what they say. Find out from them where their pain is, what they’re needing / wanting right now, and then in the near future. Ask them directly how you can best help them. WRITE IT ALL DOWN. Once complete, compile their answers and look for similarities and differences. Identify the top needs they have.
3. Now start thinking strategically. Get out three big pieces of paper.
a) Look after your current customers (protect and deepen)
On one sheet of paper, write out the key needs your customers have. Think about how you can best serve them, from TOMORROW. This is all about helping them. Be generous in your thinking and what you can offer. Lead with a servant leadership approach. It’s not only good karma but it will open up possibilities for you.
b) Create new revenue streams
On a second sheet write out your assets. Include things like relationships, IP, data, knowledge etc etc. Look at each in turn, with your strategic customer hat on. For each asset, think of ideas to better monetise or leverage. More ideas the better. Don’t judge. Don’t filter.
c) Broaden your base
On a third sheet, write down possible extensions to your current service offering and market mix. Thinking back to the needs your customers have, ask yourself:
– are there other customers or new markets SIMILAR to those of your current customers who would benefit from your current offering?? competitors? same but in different industries? different countries?
– are there any refinements to your current service offering you could offer to your current customers to deepen the relationship?
Be generous in both your spirit and your thinking.
Hope this helps. Go well