fbpx

Reply To: Hi there, I’m an artist supplying retailers throughout NZ (tourist, design and gallery stores). I do art prints and accessory products. What to do when stores and printers have closed and no couriers. I’m on Insta, FB, Etsy and sell through website and wholesale. Any ideas on where to focus now would be appreciated, thanks :)

Hi Cathy
The answer will depend on your particular kind of art.
Clearly your tourism-focused NZ retailers are not going to be as good a channel as it may have been for you in the past so I would tend to focus on your design and gallery sales.
Your strategies for these channels will depend on a number of factors including whether you have a specific “brand” for your work, and also your product and price.
It’s highly likely that what people are looking for in design stores and galleries after the lockdown will subtly change, so it also depends how flexible you are to respond to this new demand.
It might be good to talk to friends who have similar tastes to the people who have bought your work and listen for what they might love to make their homes feel better/fresh after spending 4-12 weeks in them.
Hope that helps a little.
Paul