fbpx

Reply To: I am a business owner, and I feel like I am continually fighting fires dealing with different issues that have come up from being locked-out, to working virtually, do wage subsidy applications, to bank negotiations and landlord negotiations – my worry is the time that I am not thinking about the ‘big picture’ – what can you give me as a owner around what and how I should be approaching this time? 

It’s a good question, but my first response is that the “big picture” for today – and the next two or more months – is your business’ survival. Many of the tasks you mention (wage subsidy applications, bank negotiations, landlord negotiations) are about keeping your doors open.
Keeping as many of your key team members on-board as you can will help you spring back when we return to normal. Can the bank be an ally rather than an adversary? Are your premises necessary to your operations, and if so, how do you make the landlord an ally? Remember, they’re also facing these issues in their business, so you actually have common objectives.
It’s also vital to look after your customers and suppliers as much as possible. All successful businesses are built on relationships, not transactions, so nurture your key partners.