fbpx

Reply To: I’m looking for resources to offer to staff who are being made redundant – anything that will help to support them. Is there somewhere I can go to find this information or a list of resources that would be useful?

Up
Down

Hi there – it’s always tough to be supporting people who are losing their roles involuntarily. The challenge can often be tailoring the support to meet their real needs. For some people, they know what they want to do next, and need help with networking to get a foot in the door. For others, they need their CV to be sorted out so it is simple and focussed, and they need to practise some mock-interviews, so they are less stressed by the real thing. I always encourage people who are out of work to think about checking out their local library for CV books and resources – as a cheap way to get help. Many of the books available are authored overseas and are expensive. Most HR people would lend a hand to people in need in my experience. Perhaps consider approaching HRNZ to see if they have people who would be willing to mentor people looking for their next role – or if that doesn’t result in the help they need, let me know and I’ll see what I can organise for you. If the people (or you) can afford proper outplacement coaching, then that is the best support that can be offered. Great to see Nick offering some free coaching above – that’s a really generous offer. Good luck and kia kaha. Fiona