fbpx

Reply To: I am a Wedding Designer & Planner, and I have a client who was set to have her wedding in New Zealand in July, but was traveling from Australia for it.She had paid a deposit and we have already conducted a site visit which was a 600+ km (round trip) out of town, put together a custom storyboard for her, and a custom quote… However, she has unfortunately come to the inevitable conclusion that her wedding will not take place this year. Which is completely understandable.She has approved, and signed off earlier this year, February 2020, that her deposit is non-refundable after 7-days… BUT under the circumstances, what do you think I should do should she ask for a refund?I am set to speak with her executive assistant tomorrow about the deposit and her wedding not taking place any time soon, and would really appreciate some feedback on how to troubleshoot this situation. Ideally, I do not want to give her a refund, but I am willing to compromise due to the current climate. I would still love to keep her as a customer, but should the conversation be about her wanting a refund, how should I proceed?Hope to hear from you soon!

It sounds like your contract is clear that there is no refund in this situation. You can seek to insist on that, but may not wish to do that commercially. Many in the travel industry are simply providing credit rather than a full refund. Is that an option here? At worst, you should at least be reimbursed for your costs to date.