fbpx

Reply To: Hi Travel & Business Experts!I have a boutique travel agency in Australia and expanded into New Zealand about 8 months ago – I am based in New Zealand. Due to the nature of COVID-19, I have lost all business (income) until at least December 2020. I still have a few inquiries coming through for next year, but certainly not at capacity of what I am used to.. My people (Clients) are uncertain about future travel at this time because of the issues that have come up with cancellation terms and conditions through airlines/suppliers, time-due of refunds, which for most of my AU database, is upwards of 9 months, and with these changing every day, and insurance not covering, they are not confident in placing funds down.. What I am thinking of doing, is posting some ‘pre-registration’ options for some holidays for 2021. I am thinking of basing these packages on the usual travel spots, inc; Bali, Fiji, New Zealand. I am then thinking of contacting Intrepid / Scenic / Royal, to start working on some deals for next year. I was just wondering if anyone can please advise me on the best way to do this and if I even should do it? How should I notify my people of these awesome 2021 programs I can create? How much do I charge for a ‘pre-reg’ deposit – to ensure a financial commitment? What should my rules around this be?Any assistance here would be greatly appreciated. I am trying my best to stay positive, but with all income down the drain, I am just as nervous as my clients are around where the industry is heading.. Thanks in advance, Soleil

Hi Experts,

Thank YOU! So much for all of this advice!

I am sorry it has taken me a while to reply, I have still been inundated trying to bring clients home & on hold with airlines to organize credits and refunds.

I have taken all of this information and value on board and am currently re-writing my business plan, engagement with customers, and social media channels in view of how I see the next 12 months, 2 years and 5 years based on where I think the world is going, the way I think it is changing, and what benefit my business can bring to families and couples alike.

I sincerely appreciate the wisdom that has been passed on, and I will most certainly update this thread once I have completed the new business plan, to show you where your time to reply has lead me, and also ask any further questions I may have.

Thank you so much for all of your manaaki.

Ngā Mihi,

Soleil