fbpx

Reply To: Hi EveryoneWe are a digital business planning tool. As I am sure you know, planning is a key part of the road to recovery. Using a digital tool means you can plan remotely and it helps to create focus, direction and calm. It is also likely to reduce the significant issues that arise when SME’s borrow more and reactively allocate those funds, missing the opportunity to gain the maximum benefit.We are very lucky to have KPMG as our largest customer in NZ. Outside of NZ, our largest customer base is in the USA. Sales come from licence agreements with accounting firms who use Business Sorter to provide a business planning/continuity planning service to their clients, and direct sales from the free directories we are listed on. We also supply our tool free to NGOs and businesses in developing nations.We are bootstrapping and to date have focused on getting strong partnerships in place. We started to market our product on social media last month and several of our partners are working with us to promote Business Sorter to a wider audience in NZ and globally. What steps and relationships would you recommend we develop outside NZ to extend our global reach? Thank you.

Hi Gavin

We have debated freemium and are about to offer that through a key partner relationship. We are undecided about Freemium in general so I do some more research and take it to my colleagues and have a further discussion.

We do like the partnership model so thank you. KPMG have been great to work and accountants who think more commercially seem to be very happy with the various benefits of using the tool. Perhaps it is best to stick to what we know.

Thanks for your comments re the product. Yes it takes quite a complex process and makes it simple and it is quite fun too (which I never found traditional planning to be). We love watching people who have never done planning create a great plan. It is also ideal for accountants and business advisers as they can add a lot of value by facilitating and participating. The structure means there is a level of consistency if you have people at different levels running the planning. It is also full of training and risk management prompts, which are always important but so key at the moment. Thank you for your ideas.