fbpx

Reply To: Hi there,I own a corporate a corporate boxing gym called Boxing Alley.  Some of you may know it as Monty is a huge part of it.When we went into lockdown all of our direct debit memberships were instantly placed on hold.  Since then I’ve managed to get around 20% of our members to voluntarily start up their membership payments again to support the gym.  Our lockdown strategy was to keep our community engaged by going online.  We are now running over 20 online boxing classes a week via zoom.We have had over 500 registrations and are actively training over 100 people a day.These classes are free for all however we do have a ‘donate’ PayPal button on our online webpage.My question is related to the donate button.  How hard should we be pushing this?  It is awkward asking for money…  Especially since we did get a lot of people into the classes by offering the for free.Cheers 

Any one who operates a business based on a community spirit should not be afraid to ask for help from its members in tough times – so dont feel embarrassed or reluctant to ask for donations to help keep your business going – just make sure the ask is based on transparency, openness and integrity….Have you tried offering a paid subscription service to members or one on one video coaching to clients who can afford it or want it? Im doing one on one Video coaching with my PT my Pilates instructor and now my guitar teacher – its. so incredibly time efficient I may never go back to the old way!