fbpx

Reply To: Hi Travel & Business Experts!I have a boutique travel agency in Australia and expanded into New Zealand about 8 months ago – I am based in New Zealand. Due to the nature of COVID-19, I have lost all business (income) until at least December 2020. I still have a few inquiries coming through for next year, but certainly not at capacity of what I am used to.. My people (Clients) are uncertain about future travel at this time because of the issues that have come up with cancellation terms and conditions through airlines/suppliers, time-due of refunds, which for most of my AU database, is upwards of 9 months, and with these changing every day, and insurance not covering, they are not confident in placing funds down.. What I am thinking of doing, is posting some ‘pre-registration’ options for some holidays for 2021. I am thinking of basing these packages on the usual travel spots, inc; Bali, Fiji, New Zealand. I am then thinking of contacting Intrepid / Scenic / Royal, to start working on some deals for next year. I was just wondering if anyone can please advise me on the best way to do this and if I even should do it? How should I notify my people of these awesome 2021 programs I can create? How much do I charge for a ‘pre-reg’ deposit – to ensure a financial commitment? What should my rules around this be?Any assistance here would be greatly appreciated. I am trying my best to stay positive, but with all income down the drain, I am just as nervous as my clients are around where the industry is heading.. Thanks in advance, Soleil

I joined this forum out of curiosity because I was at coffee and jam with Rob Vickery. I have been very impressed with the integrity, care and depth of the advise. Wow. Best of luck Soleil. Would your ideal customers always like to stay at hotels? Or would they like to connect with kiwis for a local experience? I have been trialing a Virtual Hotel idea for New Zealand. It is small and modest – we’ve had 18,000 guests through. The idea is self-contained units, carefully managed through a unified brand. Our point of difference is matching people through their hobbies, passions and interests. It is mainly for female single travellers, baby boomer and retired couples. What is your target market? We have just upgraded (not launched yet) our software, which enables us to collect a commission from each guest night and connect with In-Bouunds. We earnestly want to help re-invigorate the domestic tourism market – but we realise customers will be very cautious. We hope to trigger a spark around passion?