fbpx

Reply To: Hi . We run a small footwear retail business and have done so for 37 years . We use our database of customers and facebook as a major part of our marketing program . My question is when we are allowed to reenter the market place do you suggest that we go back with a short term  aggressive discount marketing program or continue on with our normal marketing program which is more informative marketing than hard sell ? The informative marketing program has worked well in normal trading times but the present could be called anything but normal .RegardsGrant Collins

Hi Grant,

If informational has worked for you in the past, why not try that initially and reevaluate daily? Everything has changed so much, it’s almost impossible to guess what will work with your customers, so a try it and see approach is best in my opinion.

I’ve also seen lots of companies being honest with their customers and whether they need support to get through this, with loyal customers rising to the occasion beautifully. Perhaps a really nice, transparent piece on how you and your team is doing would be a good way to kick things off again.

Brianne