fbpx

Reply To: Kia ora, I have a few months old small handcraft biz.  Before I began I developed a scaling strategy which reduced my 100% reliance on hand making over time.  However in the current environment some opportunities have shifted forward.  I have been able to engage with other local makers to curate some beautiful gift boxes.  It means I can push some funds directly to them and can also whakamana and promote the mahi they do.  I haven’t been able to receive all of the items yet as some suppliers aren’t shipping until level 3.  So I haven’t promoted this openly to date, rather teased the upcoming release with an intention to promote outright in the next week-ish. My existing customer base is amazing and they want to support local, authentic businesses.  As I’m new, it’s still small – my biggest following is currently on Insta.  I’m working on building brand awareness and traffic to my new website.  I’ve drafted some marketing ideas but I’m unfamiliar with marketing around these particular products (gift boxes).  I’m starting with some limited releases of wāhine and māmā boxes (with others planned) to test the market. I have work to do on building brand awareness generally and marketing this new product specifically. Do you have any tips on smart strategies for either brand awareness (small, handcrafted, wāhine Māori biz) or new product marketing (curated hand crafted, small maker products) in the current environment?  

Ngā mihi – Thanks so much for your advice Kirsty. That’s inspired a few ideas!

I think the thing that’s been holding me back the most has been ‘right-fitting’ the campaign to my customer profile. I have some good info around the profile but it’s the next step which is where I’m a little stuck and where I have the most to learn at the moment.