fbpx

Reply To: My husband and i were just about to start a business which would in turn sprout many other small businesses, using agritech. We both own our own businesses and we were going to bootstrap it out of profit/drawings, but now both our revenues are much less certain and its too risky. We would still like to do it and it is just what is needed right now. But it would take 6 months to a year to get revenue in so payments for a loan would be tough. Keep mulling it over but can’t see a way to make it work… open to ideas. 

Hi, have you joined the Agtech association, they have connections, support. Can you forgo some shareholding and bring in investors? There is PledgeMe, it works well around social good or drawing on community gain ie sprouting more businesses. Syndex.exchange is a private market place to raise capital. Your own circles? I would be cautious of taking on debt in these markets if you were to find one on offer. It is difficult to provide much more with the information provided, but many businesses have been built off a recession (so its not impossible) and sometimes investment in recession is a good idea. It depends on the idea and your wider situation. What we do know is Primary industry needs to grow faster/tech to support.