fbpx

Reply To: Hi.  Firstly, thank you for being here for me to ask questions.I am a tiny rural dairy (no alcohol), just over one year into my first business,  which is registered with a Full Food Control Plan – I can make and sell ‘ready to eat meals and snacks’.  This is the same licence as a restaurant, cafe or take away and not the norm dairy that ‘heat pies and make sandwiches’.  My previous back ground is as a Chef and Chef Tutor so have a very robust hygiene control system in place.As a dairy I was deemed essential, but reduced the 12 hours operation per day down to 6 hours (as I stood down my one staff) and need to line up at the supermarket with everyone else to stock my grocery shelves.  I have a cold display, pie warmer and a very strict ‘one in one out’ policy.  Prior to L4 I was reheating artisan pies made locally, making sandwiches, salads and hot foods like Spag Bolognaise, Fish and chips etc.  Not very exciting but popular with my locals.  1) If we go into L3 what can I make myself? 2) can my registered pie maker make my pies and deliver? 

Well done on continuing to support the community by remaining open. You guys are central hub for many in smaller communities. Two comments – be prepared when folks are allowed out as most of us will be looking for treat food!! Being a chef yourself are you able to do some online content for the local community to give them ideas on what else they could be cooking while in lock down? Linked recipes back to products you stock and this added value service could be a win for you now and long term.