fbpx

Reply To: I appreciate the tautoko here so much. Thank you.I’m anxious at the moment. I started this small biz and am working on building awareness about my brand and marketing some new products.  I’m new at this though.  I’m worried about whether I’m making the right decisions about where to invest my time and money to help my business grow in a sustainable way.  And that matters.  It really matters.  I can’t waste either of those things now. I watch similar businesses going real hard on marketing and being creative with how essential they are. No hate to them – we’ve all got bills and families. But it’s exacerbating that feeling of being behind the 8-ball, being left behind.  If I had more clarity on the best way forward for my business that would dampen the crazy noise which tbh is mostly someone yelling f***k, f**k, f**k in my head and running from action to action like a lunatic. Even having an updated strat and plan doesn’t help cos I wrote them.So I guess my question is, how can I find a mentor or people who can eyeball what I do, how I do it and what I think is a good strategy for growing my biz and tell me whether I’m on a good track or not?

Kia ora Graeme, yes I did thank you. It was fantastic and I’m so grateful about the whakaaro around supporting small businesses. I’m just being cautious about shifting sums of it away from supporting whānau and domestic needs which I’ve primarily tagged it for, towards the small biz. A big part of that caution is because of my current lack of clarity over the best way to invest that money to move my business forward.

There’s always uncertainty and always risk and I’m not adverse to either of those. I feel like I’m too IN the mahi at the moment and taking a breather to look down at the biz from a more strategic level hasn’t helped because I don’t have enough experience in some areas to stake one decision/direction over another.