fbpx

Reply To: I appreciate the tautoko here so much. Thank you.I’m anxious at the moment. I started this small biz and am working on building awareness about my brand and marketing some new products.  I’m new at this though.  I’m worried about whether I’m making the right decisions about where to invest my time and money to help my business grow in a sustainable way.  And that matters.  It really matters.  I can’t waste either of those things now. I watch similar businesses going real hard on marketing and being creative with how essential they are. No hate to them – we’ve all got bills and families. But it’s exacerbating that feeling of being behind the 8-ball, being left behind.  If I had more clarity on the best way forward for my business that would dampen the crazy noise which tbh is mostly someone yelling f***k, f**k, f**k in my head and running from action to action like a lunatic. Even having an updated strat and plan doesn’t help cos I wrote them.So I guess my question is, how can I find a mentor or people who can eyeball what I do, how I do it and what I think is a good strategy for growing my biz and tell me whether I’m on a good track or not?

I think Bee’s ideas are great – focus on a very specific niche that will still be problematic in Level 3- birthdays are great. Plenty of birthdays are going under-celebrated right now.

What might be helpful is as a part of stepping back, to get some clarity on what very specific opportunities you think are best return on your efforts, and make a commitment to serving that niche better than anybody over say the next 100 days. If you don’t commit to something that you can excel at and build confidence in, you will always be looking over your shoulder at what everybody else is doing and wonder whether you should be doing that.

Whenever you’re building any kind of business – large or small – you have to make a decision at what you want to master, and what you want to offer as core to who you are. The more specific and differentiated it is and the more true it is to who you are, the better. Once you’ve made that decision you need to execute with full confidence for an extended period of time to be able to know whether you were right or not – ie are people buying what you’re selling…before changing tact or retreating. 🙌🏻