fbpx

Reply To: My husband and i were just about to start a business which would in turn sprout many other small businesses, using agritech. We both own our own businesses and we were going to bootstrap it out of profit/drawings, but now both our revenues are much less certain and its too risky. We would still like to do it and it is just what is needed right now. But it would take 6 months to a year to get revenue in so payments for a loan would be tough. Keep mulling it over but can’t see a way to make it work… open to ideas. 

Hi Jacinta

That is a good value add proposition and caters for the DIY and lifestylers who would pay a premium for a plug and play but as you say, how much is the question.

Do you have any end users in mind that may pay a discounted rate for a prototype. Any “produce” suppliers that may assist if they saw an end market opportunity?
It reminds me a bit of the Henergy smart mobile laying solution featured on the RNZ clip. https://www.rnz.co.nz/national/programmes/countrylife/audio/2018735214/that-s-hentertainment
If your solution was smart ( just internet connected to monitor say temp/humidity/light from an app there could be innovation grants available.

As Anna mentioned, there are a number of regional investor/angel networks that could be interested in hearing a pitch from you for seed funding.