fbpx

Reply To: Hi, I’ve had a business concept for an online school/base camp to create taylor made programmes for schools, that would be streamed into global classrooms, centred around the health curriculum (wellbeing, behaviour, confidence)After trying to create it, with many dead ends I put in on the shelf for the last few years, waiting to see when the world was ready, and the opportunity might arise – perfect timing thing. Hey is this it?? The educational sector has just completely changed.  My question is since everyone is suddenly online and now accessible.  How do I find a group or forum of people that might be interested in collaborating to build a business? Or existing companies looking to create new opportunities together. I have the product, and it meets the needs of my clients, but it’s at the start-up stage.  How can I quickly create a start-up in this environment?   Kaz

Hi there
This sounds interesting. As you are at concept stage, the first thing I would focus on is testing the idea at a very basic, even non technical, level. Are you familiar with the minimum viable product term?
Can you approach a local school and tailor make some content for them, then deliver it in a basic way and test the results as a pilot?
At the end of this, if you have a happy school, keen to endorse/buy into the concept then you could do it a few more times before refining. Once you have proof of concept you can approach funders and look at building a team and a tech product.
Let me know if you have already done this though.
Could be worth speaking to others who have successfully integraged apps in schools, e.g. Storypark.
In terms of startup support, there are groups in most cities who can put you in touch with others keen to help and who run things like Startup Weekend. Where are you located?
All the best!