fbpx

Reply To: As a sports/school/corporate apparel supplier, how do we attack these early days of trying to get people buying again when they, alot of them like us, are also not going to have the spare income to spend. How do we start the chain that will enable us all to free ourselves of our fear? Especially when there is still so much of the “unknown”?Thank you all so much for your help, love and sharing of expertise. Grant

Kia Ora Grant – thank you for dropping into Manaaki – I think we free ourselves of fear through engagement, through connection and for now at least physical connection in person is limited! But the need to be connected remains – and we all need hope – we all need the hope of being able to play hockey, play golf, engage in the kids sports teams and the like. The other thing too is that people are doing more zooms than they have ever with their customers – that means there are a lot of us on show with what we wear – maybe there is an opportunity there – I would however think about segmenting your customers from those that clearly are struggling (because their business is closed) from those that have continued to trade and may be more open and have extra resources to allocate to their brand leverage and extension – it might be that you think about how apparel can leverage the hope piece – how it can send a message to the rest of us that we can get through this. Wish I had more ideas, but I will think some more. Andy