fbpx

Reply To: Hi there, We have a video production company who work with Corporate clients (internal/external communications, some are essential services), we were planning to operate ‘safely’ under level 3.  Our cameraman would be the only person meeting ‘safely’ with clients, the rest of the team would still be working remotely.We have a clear H&S plan to enable this, and can remain at least 2m away from clients at all times (not using ‘lapel mics’ etc).  But we’re struggling to find info on the MIBE website as to whether we are actually allowed to operate.  Thoughts?

Hi Nicky
As per the previous comment I would question whether you could operate under level 3. My understanding is that it will be very similar to level 4. However there is a great opportunity for you to help clients maintain and develop their online video presence. A top-tips for video production. Is there anything you can do to help clients record their own simple video updates which you can then ‘professionalise’ through post production. A quick look on LinkedIn shows the power of video and many of these are relatively simple in their core set-up. As an ex-tv director, I also cringe at some of the beginner mistakes being done on some ‘home-office’ videos. Don’t worry about encouraging your clients to do their own simple videos in the short term. It’s more about keeping them engaged and grateful for your advice.

Also, can you create videos for your clients from existing footage?