fbpx

Reply To: We are an small engineering company have developed an Work Site Covid 19 Message board that has facilities to secure your hand sanitiser bottle as well as your covid message or any message.It is made in NZ out of long lasting materials and is powder coated in bright yellow.They will be ready this friday.It is A 4 sized, smart and can be used in building sites thru to retail shops and is only$ 25 + gst.We have been in business for 30 years replying on word of mouth advertising and have no website or face book presence.We have put an add on trade me but they don’t really have the right place to highlight/advertise it.We have told 1/2 dozen clients and have orders for over 200.HOW DO WE GET THE MESSAGE OUT THERE PLEASE.I have really enjoyed what you have done with this site and have enjoyed the dialogue (makes me realise what a dinosaur I am). Many smilesBill Martel

Hi Bill, great idea! For online advertising, you have two main options that cover approx 90% of online advertising.

1 = Google and think primarily google Adwords. This means paying to come up on google searches and is great for fulfilling demand if people are already searching for a product like yours.

2 = The second “major” online provider is Facebook. Social media advertising is great to create demand with people who perhaps do not know yet that they need your product, but are likely to buy it if shown it.

I believe you might fit better into the second category? LinkedIn might also be an option because you can target based on industry and job title however for a $25 sale I think the cost of LinkedIn ads will be prohibitive and Facebook ads sounds like the place to consider most closely.

My suggestion would be to get a designer to mock up some ads for Facebook – it sounds like you have this capability inhouse? Then find a freelancer who can run some ads for you at a reasonable price for a one-off campaign. Don’t go for the cheapest person out there as you get what you pay for. But also this sounds like a one-off campaign for a short term product so you also do not need to speak to agencies who will mostly want to work on retainer models.

Ultimately, you want to test the waters with Facebook ads but please spend most of your money on the ads themselves, not designers or agencies to run the ads. If this sounds hard, it’s only because you have not been down that route before and actually it is very doable.

I am happy to help more if I can so ask away any further questions.