fbpx

Reply To: Hi there,Help please.  I keep hearing that SMEs need to be more digitally capable to enhance productivity and build e-commerce capability to meet the changing needs for communicating and selling to customers online.  Where do you start?  Who can provide independent advice about the best software/apps etc to bring back office efficiency and drive customer focused engagement and sales? 

Hey good news – there is a torrent of activity going on by so many cloud providers – old and new – to collate stacks of cloud apps to help your businesses – and I suspect you will see some ‘hacks’ coming up where you will be able to access things like
– Accounting software packages – from Xero, MYOB and many others
– Payroll packages
– Online document management – from OneDrive (Microsoft) to DropBox to GoogleDox
– Web site development tools – from WebPress to Wix to Zeald (local)
– eCommerce solutions – again Shopify, Zeald (local, got a deal going now), many others
– a bunch of marketplaces are opening up to supply your products to/through (I reckon TradeMe will come up with something soon)
– then there are some tailored new point of purchase and booking tools coming up like EatLocal, Swiftly, Mobi2go

And I am pretty sure the people at Business Connect – part of MBIE are going to create some sort of guide – and my offer on behalf of Manaaki team is that we will on our resources page attempt to summarise all of the options we know of – and if you are into eCommerce keep an eye out as we are going to do a promo soon to get more Kiwi SMEs trading.