fbpx

Reply To: We are a small organisation focused on running community events supporting women in tech, due to the COVID-19 crisis, we have not been able to run our in-person events. At the same time, we are looking for help with building our website. We would love to get some recommendations on how we can make a successful transition to digital events so that we can continue supporting our communities, and also who we can reach out to regarding help with the website build. Thank you so much for your help!

Kia ora,

Well done on being focused on helping women in tech!! So needed and so important!

My recommendation is to use known, trusted tech products to transition your community online. At this time people just want to connect, so maybe don’t try to do everything in one go. What about hosting a virtual connection hour where people can just talk and connect with a different group of people in the same situation as them?

Question whether building a website is the right thing to do at this time. Could you use a known tech product that people are already using (FB, LinkedIn, Slack) to connect with you rather than a new website.

I hoped this helped!

Ngā mihi nui,

Lou Aitken
CEO Ākina Foundation

Conducting workshops online can often be very different than doing it in person, so I am happy to share some tips that we use at Ākina. Let me know and I can share a document with you.