fbpx

Reply To: I am a small business owner and into my 2nd year of business. We conduct background checks and reference checks on potential new candidates for our clients. We have been hit pretty bad through covid19 as have many other businesses.I am constantly looking at ways of pivoting my business but due to recruitment being very quiet it is hard.Any suggestions how I can use marketing to gain my interest of my brand and services as I am still quite new to the industry also.If you have a magic wand can I borrow it. Seriously it would be great to hear any ideas you have. Thanks for creating this amazing platform it is appreciated.Thank you 

Morena.
This is a challenging space to be in I think – both now and over the next economic horizon as external checks can be bought in house when budgets are tight. Sorry I know that is the opposite of a magic wand, but I want to be realistic with you.

So knowing that context, I would consider a few things.
Ensure your pricing is really competitive – make it compelling to build your base
Use this quieter time to build your network with key hiring managers and decision makers in this space, so you are top of mind when things pick up
Offer a solution for leaner HR teams – if HR and recruitment teams are slimmed down they may need to outsource some functions when things pick up and this could work for you
Build your profile as an expert on Linkedin. Consider crafting a 3 months communications plan covering the key messages you want to share about your expertise, benefits of using your service, etc and communicate with your target market

Good luck!