fbpx

Reply To: Head Held High is an Auckland based speech and drama company. We were teaching over 700 students each week in 17 Auckland schools and venues. We are committed to building the confidence, communication skills and creativity of young New Zealanders. Our lessons occur once a week, are small group tuition and are for primary, intermediate and secondary school students. It is an extra curricular activity that can occur during school or after school time and parents pay for this. Since Covid we have pivoted our business to teach our students online via Zoom. Our teaching team are incredible and the online lessons have been a huge success. We have an opportunity to market our online lessons nationwide, which is super exciting for us. We would love some help with how to use paid social media to create adverts and generate more leads.  We’ve created an advert to go into school newsletters nationwide so we are onto that but would like to support this with social media marketing and don’t know how to best go about this. Thank you so much!!!www.headheldhigh.co.nz

Hi there!

That’s so exciting to hear you’ve found great success online and the new markets that can open up for you. Check out Nanogirl as another awesome example of an in-person kids event that has successfully pivoted on line. https://www.facebook.com/nanogirllabs/?ref=br_rs

Facebook advertising always takes a bit of testing and learning to nail the formula but here are some recommendations. If some of the language I’m using is unfamiliar, Facebook has a great help section with some online learning here: https://www.facebook.com/business/marketing/facebook

Also if this is a skill you don’t have the will or time to learn then there will be a lot of freelancers looking for work around so you could search or ask on Linkedin, or send me an email at claire@theclassroom.co.nz and I can help you track one down.

I can see that you have the Facebook Pixel already installed on your website which is going to help with measurement, creating retargeting audiences and creating campaigns that are trying to find enrolments.

I’d recommend using ads manager (as opposed to just boosting posts) because you can run different audiences at the same time, and test different images in the same campaign so you can learn what’s working for you.

There are 3 main components of an ads manager campaign:

1. Choose an objective – you’d probably start with ‘website traffic’ as your objective and FB will try and find people likely to click through.

2. Audiences: Try a broad parent target, and also a lookalike audience of your current customers or website traffic. (a lookalike is an audience you can create in ads manager finding people who are similar to your current customers).

3. Creative – This is made up of image/video and copy.
You can test different messages and motivations to parents here eg/. Does your child lack confidence? VS Give your child essential tools for the future VS Access the BEST tutors in the country etc.
Also, does a great still VS a video example vs a picture of the Zoom learning perform better for you?

You could try using a testimonial in your copy also.

You could also try targeting rural areas with a message about how parents can now access this amazing course for their children online.

So yes, you’ll have to test your ideal audience and the message that is driving the best results but it’s a really cost effective platform to build awareness and consideration for your courses.