fbpx

Reply To: We are a small camping ground and farmstay business on the Queen Charlotte Track, Marlborough. We have no road access and therefore doing anything is quite complex and usually physically quite difficult. We will be the last cab off the rank with getting going I suspect because we have nothing to do with essential services. The competition for domestic tourism will be fierce and there will be big players with lots of knowledge and skills competing for the NZ domestic tourists. We, Graham and I (58 and 61 years old), have grown the camping ground, added farmstay and cabins from a less than $10,000. business to a $65,000 business in 4 years. We are still small, don’t really fit into any association that will represent us clearly but need to fight with the bigger tourism operators for business in this coming season. We need to talk through social media, marketing electronically and how to target specific markets with someone who is able to explain it so that we can understand. We largely direct market. Booking agencies etc don’t work well out here. We cannot fill cancelled bookings if within a month of visit because we are remote and part of a bigger QCT experience. Their refund policies leave us in a hole.

Hi there!

Some in the tourism industry have just launched a buy a voucher programme so I would get listed on this. Hopefully it will pick up some traction soon like SOS cafe.

https://savemybucketlist.com/

Good luck!