fbpx

Reply To: I’d appreciate some assistance with Funding to keep my service running helping vulnerable women with Perinatal Depression and Anxiety.  I’ve been supporting mother’s in-person via a peer support group in Tauranga since 2018, I launched online support groups late last year to remove attendance barriers such as baby sleep times, financial constraints, living rurally and returning to work.  Having this online option has been invaluable during covid-19 as women have needed to connect more so than ever and numbers have risen dramatically.  Unfortunately, my funding finished in April and I have yet to find more as I’m time and knowledge poor, working from home with my six year old and studying at the same time. Any support would be greatly appreciated.  If you wish to know more I have a Facebook page called True Colours – Honouring the Mother.

Hi there,
What a great service you are providing to your community.
Do you have an information pack about your service that can be used as a pitch.
If you do not have one then I would recommend creating one based around the benefit messages from those that have used your service. You Facebook stream has some awesome messages.
If so, have you considered reaching out to businesses that cater for young children.
Companies that make nappies, baby formula or clothing providers e.g Cotton On.
Corporate Social Responsibility is becoming a hot topic for businesses at the moment and aligning to your purpose would be pretty compelling.
I assume that you have reached out to Nikau Foundation and other mental health funding initiatives.
The only other consideration would be to reach out to those that have used the service to see if they have connections that could support in terms of funding.
I am happy to assist if you need more detail or help pulling it together. I am sure that the advisors will have connections into some of the business types mentioned.
Adam