fbpx

Reply To: Me and my friends have a business called the Mahi Dogs. We are live streamers, content dreaters, a clothing company, barber and ta moko shop and also music designers. What my question is, How do I explain all of these under one business without sounding like we are in over our heads. We love each part of these industries and it makes us unique, the environment is fun and authentic that feeds of each other but when I try to explain what we are it just sounds a bit cluttered if that makes sense.Also we are trying to get funding to Kickstart our business. What would be the best route to do so as we are not just digital and technology, nor just retain and design we are a few of these. Theres not another business that has or is all of these industries in oneMy name is Renata by the way and thank you for the help.

hey Renata
What you guys are up to sounds cool.
I’m not sure to what ends you’d like to have 1 brand?
It seems to me that you’re more of a collective? Ie a group of individuals working together sharing space and back office functionality with some slight customer crossover?
To me, having just one brand would be a little odd as a customer. Would I look to my barber to mix me some sweet beats, or buy a hoodie. I’m not sure.
If you’re like D12 with your own rap names underneath it makes sense to have the one overall brand, but if they’re markedly different offerings, I’d advocate the collective approach for resources, and keep your own independent brands running underneath. That also allows flexibility for the individual business owner to sell/grow etc. You’ll avoid the pitfalls of too many shareholders being unable to reach an agreement on, well anything….
cheers