fbpx

Reply To: Hello My name is Sarah Annett. I have a shuttle business in Nelson. My website is tasmanbayshuttles.co.nz and also have the website nelsonshuttles.co.nz (  as the old business owner of that company sold it to me)I provide transport to lodges- mostly high end about and hour and a half out of Nelson, to the able tasman national park , start of hikes, and general points of interest for travelers.  The majority of my market is overseas travels and companies from overseas that book me for transport.  Eg : one of my biggest customers is an Australian hiking company that books me to provide transport for their hikes . So my question is what is the best way to go about brand and marketing now ? Should I focus on NZ customers ? And how would I go about this ?Marketing is not my strongest point so I would really appreciate any pointers or tips to help me Thank you so much 

Hi Sarah,

In the short/medium term I would focus on local and perhaps tran-tasman customers. There are lots of ways to do this. Currently there is a big increase in use of social media. If you are on Facebook, you could look at joining the local business groups. Make sure you get involved and add value as opposed to just selling. You will find a whole community in a similar position who are willing to help.

You could also try paid advertising. Things like Google Ads and social media advertising can be very targeted and reasonably inexpensive.

If you are comfortable writing content, it may be a good idea to start adding pages to your website to higlight things to do in the area, where to stay etc. The idea is that people will find you when researching the area and use you as a consequence. Ensure what you write about gives value to your target market.