fbpx

Reply To: Hello My name is Sarah Annett. I have a shuttle business in Nelson. My website is tasmanbayshuttles.co.nz and also have the website nelsonshuttles.co.nz (  as the old business owner of that company sold it to me)I provide transport to lodges- mostly high end about and hour and a half out of Nelson, to the able tasman national park , start of hikes, and general points of interest for travelers.  The majority of my market is overseas travels and companies from overseas that book me for transport.  Eg : one of my biggest customers is an Australian hiking company that books me to provide transport for their hikes . So my question is what is the best way to go about brand and marketing now ? Should I focus on NZ customers ? And how would I go about this ?Marketing is not my strongest point so I would really appreciate any pointers or tips to help me Thank you so much 

Up
Down

Hi Sarah – if you have good relationships with your existing customers, then maintain them keep in touch with them to understand what plans they have in place so that when it starts to pick up they know that you are ready to resume service. Especially if you are able to share local insights to Australian customers – this will be valuable to them.

Until we have more information on Level 2 and what travel will be allowed it is very hard to crystal ball gaze on where future customers may come from – yes NZ and over time Australia.

Maintain existing relationships, get the basics right to make your services visible through a good website/social media presence and listings on the various tourism sites. You may want to hold off spending marketing money on the tourism market promoting your services until you have some more certainty.

If you don’t have a website – then definitely take a look at the Manaaki/Swiftly partnership that was announced yesterday.

Maybe the bigger question here is: What else could your business do in the meantime to generate cashflow until tourism is able to kick back into gear. Maybe look to your local networks to build an understanding of what is on the horizon and where other types of businesses may need your help with the assets your business has to offer. What capacity do you have, what is likely to come from tourism and where are there other opportunities in the meantime?

Thanks
PB

Skip to toolbar