fbpx

Reply To: I have an online course to help high school athletes with their mental well being – I haven’t had a sale since going into lock down.  I haven’t been actively marketing because I don’t want to be seen as taking advantage of this horrible situation, however I know that this is something that is definitely needed and could help a lot over this time. Any suggestions on how to continue putting the course out there without coming across in the wrong way? 

Up
Down

Hi there,
I’d like to add to the above great advice, with a response centered around the need for mental wellbeing for this particular demographic. Our suicide rate is among the worst in the OECD. Each year around one in five NZers experience mental illness or significant mental distress and increasing numbers of children and young people are showing signs of mental distress and intentionally self-harming. In addition to the human costs, the annual cost of the burden of serious mental illness, including addiction, in New Zealand is an estimated $12 billion or 5% of gross domestic product. Anyone who is offering services and support in this space should certainly continue – in these uncertain and unsettling times, now more than ever.

Self-esteem levels plateau between age 11-15 so this is an age at which interventions and support like yours may be particularly advantageous. Perhaps you could redirect your marketing to highlight your understanding of the statistics as a proof point? If you can share case studies for how your services have improved mental wellbeing among young people this would speak to human-centered design thinking in your programmes and move your marketing from selling into storytelling.

Tui

Skip to toolbar