Morena I love the small house and cabin movement but it does seem to be hitting road blocks (no pun intended) all over the place.
It is not a segment I am expert in but here is what I would do when stuck on something like this;
– listen; what feedback have you been given for not progressing and do you need to amend your product?
– network; talk to other small house builders/importers and ask how they got through the process
– escalate; can you take your request higher to find some one to engage with who might see beyond some short term hold ups
– go sideways; what other adjacent products needs multi proof process sign off and have navigated successfully – reach out to them and ask how they managed the process
– go personal; let the process owner know this is really hurting you and ask for personal guidance to get over whatever the hurdle seems to be
– go expert; find a consultancy that specializes in navigating these processes and pay them. You might not like to have to pay but if it gets you past the hurdle then happy days