fbpx

Reply To: Use a website platform or get a new build?Hi there. I’m looking to start a new tourism business that will require a website with the capability for people to book a time slot (I will be limited as to how many cars I can have on the property).  I have used Squarespace to build my husbands site but unsure whether SquareSpace, Wix or Shopify have this ability?Or would I be best to go to one of the good local companies I know?Also – any goss on whether the Govt might be releasing some funding for startups  or local tourism activities? CheersA

Up
Down

I would reiterate Andrews points above.
If you are in the early stages of launching a new tourism venture, look to define, road test and refine your value proposition. Be clear what problem you are looking to solve, the value you offer customers and be very clear and focussed on the cost base (and viability) of your operation.
Leveraging the product roadmap of something like Shopify makes a lot of sense. Website dev sounds premature at this stage.
The Govt seems more focussed on trying to provide stimulus and support for existing tourism operators, rather than invest in new ventures.
All the best.