fbpx

Reply To: Hi there,First of all a big thanks to all the advisors for offering their advice to small business owners like myself.After the Covid-19 crisis knocked my STC income back to zero 12 weeks ago, I’ve been working on launching a new start-up. It’s an e-commerce store and delivery service in one. I have a domain, Shopify account and plan to use Facebook marketing.Something I could use help with initially are deciding which email marketing platform to use eg MailChimp. Am I choosing the right platform? Apparently ShopSync is the 3rd party app to link Shopify and MailChimp since they formally parted ways.Thanks,Barry

Hi Barry, you can’t go wrong with Mailchimp for bulk emails. Works well. What is important is you think through whether you need something for just sending emails to people – a newsletter or update for instance – or whether you need something for marketing automation and targeting based on what the user or target is doing with you. That might lead you – as a small business – to something like Braze or Klaviyo. These will give you more flexibility as to what you message and how (SMS, email etc).

You should also think through where your customer data is going to live. Some will live in Shopify, some in Mailchimp, then some in whatever you are using for your CRM. So make sure you are clear on where the actual data is going to be and move it in and out from there. Otherwise, you will be managing data all over the place.