fbpx

Reply To: I have a few questions on contact tracing applications please – who can recommend options for a business to use – I have three examples. (1) Retail / Restaurant (2) Office Space (3) Construction Site – in each use case I am interested in the best applications for ‘simple entry/exit’ and also for ‘complex drop-ins/drop-outs’ when you have lots of people. Interested in those that are contactless such as QR codes or Text based. Finally, how these applications deal with a ‘positive test’ – actually how that will work in practice. I am asking these questions because we are getting quite a few questions off platform around the options and would love to get some guidance on the choices in front of our small business owners. 

Hey,

Lots of solutions coming to the market at the moment.

Whether you are looking at Retail, Restaurants, Offices or Construction, the most common outcome is leveraging QR codes and a web interface. Easy to build and fact to replicate.

We did a blog last week and these are some good take-outs:

Guiding principles for contact tracing solutions for businesses:

Speed to market is critical. With exponential growth, the virus does not wait for anyone to create a perfect solution. Developing tools that can quickly be rolled out is key.

Privacy matters and people should be very clear of data usage, access, and eventual deletion (2 months). Privacy is a serious matter and COVID-19 should not be an excuse to throw it out the window.

Solutions need to be flexible enough to adapt to changes. Situations are rapidly changing – and so should the tool. There are no clear guidelines or requirements set out by governing bodies. Everyone is still trying to figure things out as situations change over time. The right solution needs to be flexible enough to adapt to these changes.

The right solution is contactless.

Solutions must be simple and adoptable. Whatever is being implemented needs to be able to be used on a variety of different devices such that businesses don’t need to engage in overhauling their tech just for this current need.

Relevant enough to be a sustainable solution. Emergencies happen all the time. They merely vary in magnitude. A tool that best serves the current situation will be one that can cater to a variety of other situations with only small enhancements needed.

User-friendly. Techies love to overthink applications and what can be done. In this case, the sole purpose is the collection of entry and exit data to be used if someone in the vicinity becomes infected

And, don’t pay too much as this stuff is not crazy complicated tech…