fbpx

Reply To: Hi there,I am now a sole trader (I just let go of 2 x contract staff) in the sme & family business consulting space. I have a boutique business delivering people expertise specific to building capability and resourcing for growth. Like everyone else, I have been hit hard. 80% of my revenue came through sme recruitment. My model is customised to sme’s. I scope, search, select and on-board. Roles include Governance, GM, Senior Leaders, Office Staff and Warehouse. My offering can be un-bundled or bundled in an end-to-end offering (this is where my client gets the best result). The total cost is seriously 1/2 of what the fee based model the traditional recruiters charge. The hourly model enables this. The result and experience totally hands-on, consultative and supportive. The other 20% comes from consulting around organisation design, performance and capability building, (so many sme’s do not have performance management systems in place). Pre-covid I’d just started a move into succession planning and governance recruitment and board structuring advice for sme’s and family businesses. There’s a great market opportunity that sits there. My vision for the future is to get the sme recruitment business back on track ( I am sure that will happen). My heart sits with family businesses consulting, providing succession process support and a governance/board scoping, search and selection service offering. Family businesses are unique. Strong board selection is vital . You need to carefully consider their fit with the family. their values, skill set and experience with family governance. I am currently completing a Family Advisory course via Adelaide University. To my knowledge, I am the second in NZ to do so. I truly believe that Family Business should be identified as a sector here in NZ and plan to take an active role in carving out its formation. I will connect with channel partners to do this and look to get some family business statistics in the coming years. I would be interested in any top-level observations relating to rebuilding my business and creating my vision.Many thanks experts !I’ve applied for the covid-19 business recovery funding and have my fingers crossed it will be approved. I specifically need assistance with my businesses rebuild. I need to target my market with the right messages, create the right marketing content, optimize search engines, consider e-commerce and get onto all of the social platforms. 

Hi there – have you considered extending your services to off-boarding? Pitch to clients that you will help with CV production for the people they are having to let go, as a final ‘service’ they could offer their people. Just a thought. All the best, Fiona