fbpx

Reply To: Hi guys I am a business professional in Construction development, and delivery having worked for other companies and self employed through Australia, South Pacific and more recently in NZ. Coved has pretty much dried out any options for work in Fiji and NZ so I set up a company to market my skills. How do I set up a webpage and links to my projects to market a new business platform 

As far as marketing your skills in the B2B space, your priorities should also include
1 – Update your LinkedIn profile
2 – Connect with everyone you know from your past clients and their contractors (check back through your email contacts list to find their names – then find them on LinkedIn). Always write a personalised connection note don’t just click the connect button
3 – Research firms who might be able to hire you in future
4 – Contact all your past clients and ask them to write a recommendation for your work – get it on paper, on your new website and on LinkedIn [I have a principle for small business marketing – write once; use 3 times]
5 – Follow the firms you found in 3 on LinkedIn, follow the people who work there, read their LinkedIn updates and add comments as appropriate
6 – Telephone those people and introduce yourself. Have a 1 page summary of your successful track record ready to send them
7 – Stay in touch and call them again on a regular cycle.
8 – Be prepared to show off your expertise in public to further build your profile.