fbpx

Reply To: Hey Business Brains!I started Westcoast Stoneware one year ago. My first ever business adventure. Things have been okay until Covid. We have been slower lately but hoping for things to pick up. I don’t have any specific questions but looking for advice or opinions as i have have hit a brick wall with where to take the business and the best way to grow/expand. let me tell you about what we do.My best friend is a potter and i’m a graphic/web designer. We live together and naturally i started selling his pottery. We are sustainable eco-conscious humans so we started out with Reusable coffee cups as our main product. Rid the use of single use coffee products and promote a brighter future. From here we have expanded into custom orders and wholesale supply to retail and cafes. Over covid we started our online store which has been great for our profit per product as we can get retail price instead of wholesale. But now our wholesale accounts don’t like this as it takes away from them. We currently work from home, transformed garage into the studio, spare room as storage and lounge as packing area. We want to get out and rent somewhere which means we would need to produce more product or sell at higher cost which is a tension. Since its only two of us and we rented a bigger space to produce more we would have to employee someone else to help out and that requires special skills which cost more. Pretty much I am unsure of what we can afford if we jump in the deep end. Also is there any grants to help companies which are doing good positive changes to the world to help grow and expand???Thanks so muchBeach – Westcoast Stoneware

I love what you are doing here… and I’m not sure if I’m supposed to use the platform to talk backing you guys, but can you get in touch – 021 825753 jonathan.cameron@elevatecp.co.nz
This is an awesome offering around the disposable cup idea, but you also have a very contemporary offering across the other product range that you could put into, and extend across other retail outlets… kitsch kiwi stores, contemporary art/kiwiana stores… and bespoke offerings as regions start to kick-start something local…
Also joining other unique on-line marketplace stores that have a natural fit with your product or not (i.e. more commercial via the marketplace)…
But please, get in touch as keen to chat and I’d love to get involved…!