fbpx

Reply To: Thank you manaaki for your outstanding creative work. I could definitely use some help. I’m just starting my first own business called the Performance Academy. It’s a Athlete development program for youth who want to chase there sporting dreams. It’s open to all ages and abilities to provide an opportunity for anyone to have access to a leading development program for there given sport. At the moment I need to create a website and Logo. I also find funding is a huge problem for youth as parents all want the best for kids but can’t afford it. Because this is my only source of income and I love what I do, I provide super cheap training programs and training sessions. But am struggling financially. Is there any grants or funding that would be able to help me expand and deliver my business. Thank you for your time,Marty Mckenzie

Hi Marty,

This sounds like a great initiative – pushing for high performance in sports pays off in the rest of life too!

Re: Funding, apologies if you have already looked into this, but have you checked with regional sports organisations where you live who may be looking for programmes to coach young athletes? Or local sporting bodies who often have funds available for sports outreach and coaching – for example, in the South Auckland, Counties Manukau Sport may provide funding for sports programmes (to note, I have no affiliation with CM Sport, but use them as an example only).

Sport New Zealand may be able to help – they have a funding directory here:
https://sportnz.org.nz/get-into-sport/search-for-funding/search

Is there an opportunity to provide some of your programme at a higher cost/value to a subset of your athletes who have greater means? Or target athletes who could benefit from your programme who have greater means?
In this way you could increase your revenue and still serve all of your communities.

Good luck!
– Sherif