fbpx

Reply To: Hi There,I own a Cycle tour company called Kiwi Journeys where we offer bike hire, tours and  transport on Tasman’s Great Taste Trail and the West Coast Wilderness Trail.We have a great business and were have a very good year until covid. The past 3 years have been tough with cyclones, fires and now covid. I’m not one to usually reach out but a friend suggested Manaaki to seek some help. Half of our business is, or was international. so we need to try and survive on domestic clients. My main concerns are surviving which I’m quite anxious about, keeping my top staff, marketing as I can’t see past social media and newsletters. We have debt so loaning more money isn’t an option. Would love to chat and if possible get some help with marketing and website feedback.Many thanks, Andrew

Kia ora Andrew,

Good on ya for reaching out on Manaaki! Just further to Andy’s advice, a few thoughts:

– Absolutely take a look at all your channels to domestic market. Your own website, social media, RTO listings, iSites, partnerships etc. They may be different than your inbound channels – so worth a detailed review. If you

– You can attempt to grow domestic visitors – but you could also look at increasing your $/visitor spend. For example: Is it possible to package rides with food/wine experience by partnering with some businesses on that Great Taste Trail?

– Is there an opportunity to target the local Nelson/Marlborough community with guided tours too – maybe targeting interest groups (foodies, history/heritage buffs, nature interest).

If you can survey your previous domestic visitor base you may come up with some nuggets.

Happy to chat if you want to. Just find me on linkedIn.

Kia kaha!