fbpx

LETS GET DOWN TO BUSINESS.

Question :
Hey guys, I’m in a unique position where I started a company in December last year and was going really well until the lockdown. I still have a full time job for now but it’s all very uncertain until we see what level 3 looks like. So reliance on my business is becoming more necessary.My sales have dropped significantly we are an ecommerce business selling bluetooth earbuds (www.ultroaudio.com) typically for sport and fitness however they have great microphones and are idea for handsfree working. I’m wondering if there is anyone that can help me utilise the at home working market and the best way to go about that / general sales boosts would be much appreciated!!Thanks in advance Joel

Question submitted 16/04/20 @ 01:25pm
Industry: Digital and Technology
VIEW
VOTE
  • Sounds like your business is primed for the post-Covid world. I’d get some good online marketing advice particularly around social media marketing. Our head of digital marketing at The Icehouse would have some good advice. Reach out.

You are definitely primed for the COVID19 lockdown! I would start by thinking about where you will get the biggest bang for your marketing spend the fastest. The first thing that comes to mind is large corporates who are subsidising/paying for WFH equipment for their employees. I would target IT departments and/or head of procurement, and potentially put together a pricing offer with strong value proposition of the importance of good quality audio/ear buds etc for team communication, and workplace efficiency.

As Gavin says, I would also potentially target the consumer market, as even when companies are not providing these subsidies, many people are looking for good quality options to be able to work effectively from home.

You’re going to need to think about tweaking your value proposition and messaging to fit your new audience to ensure that your advertising/content strategy is tailored to your audience, so I suggest spending time getting clear on your target customers (it will be different for a consumer vs. a head of IT/procurement), and what messaging and value propositions best suit their needs in this new environment.

I would then develop a content strategy via digital marketing to deliver a series of targeted messages specifically to these new audiences, potentially with a compelling offer to drive a call to action in a short time period. You’re in an amazing position to really capitalise on this if you move quickly!

Good luck~

There are some funds available for marketing advice/coaching I think through accredited providers. Go here and fill out your details and it will direct you to the right one https://www.tools.business.govt.nz/boost/your-challenge

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.