fbpx

LETS GET DOWN TO BUSINESS.

Question :
Hey Team, I run a certified social enterprise business (www.charitytea.co.nz) that makes a social, environmental and climate impact. I’m interested in ideas in how to reach decision makers in the corporate space. I’d like to offer wholesale staff room supplies and help business to fulfill their “broader outcomes”. Thanks for your time 

Question submitted 11/06/20 @ 04:33pm
Industry: Social Enterprise (Community, Not-for-Profit, For Profit)
VIEW
VOTE
  • Hi Gillyb there are often gatekeepers to that purchasing group that you need to work out how to get in front of. Many will be purchasing through major suppliers such as Bidvest, etc, or from a wholesaler like Gilmours. So the trick will be working out which customers might be more receptive to your offer and start with them. Perhaps identify a list of ten-twenty organisations you respect for their values alignment with what you do, and then work the phones to get in touch with the right person and pitch them your concept. Afterwards, ask them for feedback. What was compelling, what were the barriers to purchasing. You can then hone your offer for the next twenty you approach and so on.

Good luck! Vicky

Hi Gill

Awesome initiative, nice web site too. Access these days with Linked In makes it super easier to find ways to get into organisations, however getting access and that being coupled with decision makers is super hard. When I see corporates making calls like this, it seems to me that there are two types of scenarios – the founder of the charity/initiative knows a board member or the CEO and the ‘CEO’ says lets do it; or there is a category manager in the exec team (at whatever level) who has the budget and ability to make the call and it aligns to their goals.

Either situation, it is getting to those people – which means identifying them, starting with ‘one’ which probably engaging with many more to get one to say ‘yes’ – then when you get one yes, you ask them to recommend any other companies like theirs, and you have two.

Unless you can get an organisation like Gilmours to stock you and they do the recommending?

Or find a similar purpose driven charity that is already doing this with Corporates who could recommend you e.g. Eat My Lunch etc.

Andy

Thank you Vicky for taking the time to comment. Great advice and I’m working on my list now.

Hi Andy, Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. Great advice and I’m currently making of list of CEOs that I could contact that may have similar values. I’m already partnering with Eat my lunch and I’m currently in talks with Compass group. Have a great day.

Awesome – ask Eat My Lunch for other CEOs they would refer you to!! Go well. Andy

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.