fbpx

LETS GET DOWN TO BUSINESS.

Question :
Hi as a business that is growing their audience in preparation for lockdown to be lifted (was supposed to start April 2020) what can you recommend for businesses that require body work/touch? i.e. Acupuncture, cupping, acupressure, ACC. (unfortunately we are not funded at this time by ACC for telehealth consults)… What’s the best way one can stay useful via social?Besides self-care tips can you recommend anything else to focus content on? Thank you 🙂

Question submitted 17/04/20 @ 04:31pm
Industry: Services
VIEW
VOTE
  • Evening

Do you know of other similiar businesses in your industry in other areas of NZ, if so reaching out to them to discuss ideas and developments. Ask them about there business and any future tips.

Is there an opportunity to re-locate (talking streets or blocks, small move) or join with another compatable business, so both parties can get some leverage going forward?

Investigate and progress accreditation with ACC.

Other content for your your social media account could be ‘the history’ and development of your science/art, supported with historical photos. Maybe add a sports theme, or get feedback from your account seeking ideas, within reason.

Andrew

For me, think about your people, your customers who get value from you, who are ‘your customers’ – and attract them back, and say something like ‘how about you share your love of us’ with people in your network who might need something similar? Word of mouth is driven from people who love what you do – focus on them.

Hi there, can you collaborate with a non competitive consultant or business to push out broader advice relevant to your customer base. There is strength in networks . I also wanted to mention references. If you don’t have them , you could for a blog if these . Good luck.

Hi there, I would think about community. How might you connect your potential and actual customer to content, ideas through communities that your customers are likely to share similar interests. Have a look at “vegans of LA” on facebook – that’s all about communities of people who share common interests in food, sustainability, yoga, health and wellness. You can add value to your customers not only through your own content but by being relevant and interesting to them through other connections. And, while in this lockdown period, continue to progress the ACC accreditation. Good luck

If there are any exercises or techniques you could guide people to do at home I think that could be useful and help you stay engaged with potential customers. However, since I assume your business is hyper-local, I’m not sure how much broad social media would be useful to you – you need to be engaged hyper local with people who will ultimately be your direct customers. So perhaps you should focus your efforts on contributing with useful guides, info, techniques to existing social communities online that are within your locality – ie small neighbourhood Facebook groups or Neighbourly etc. If easy enough, you could create a series of micro-exercises for people to do which gives you daily updates/engagements…maybe these are things adjacent to what you do – stretching, massage etc. Can’t wait til I can get a deep tissue massage again…I’m thinking I might just need to welcome a practitioner into my Level 3 bubble… 🙂

Hey there – I love the framing of your question about being useful. You’ve got some great advice so far. Being a customer myself of several pratitioners in this space and my advice to them, I’d recommend you:
    1. Help people at home be self-practitioners. Micro exercises as Derek mentions. Ask them questions to ask themselves as they do it – what they notice etc.
    2. If you’re on social, encourage them to share their experiences to build up the notion of sharing – this is about building your tribe. It also gives you valuable insight.
    3. Be a thought leader – post / video / newsletter about the principles / science underpinning your service offering. There is more and more science coming out about the system interdependencies of our bodies and beyond that you can tap into, curate and hold a point of view on. This not only builds your credibility but it also helps validate to them why they go to you – which helps secure post lock down return visits and encourages referrals. It also strengthens your comms when you talk about your services and supports any accreditation application you’re going for.
    4. Gather insight – engage with your clients and find out more about them – what they value the most from you, how they feel after seeing you, how their ailments have been alleviated from seeing you etc. This insight will help you with better targeting future clients as well as give you valuable testimonial content
    Go well
    Melissa

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.