fbpx

LETS GET DOWN TO BUSINESS.

Question :
Hi guys, I am in the process of self-publishing my first children’s picture book.  I am wanting to donate a portion of the proceeds to charity (Meat the Need NZ).  I’ll have a sticker on the front of the book that states $x from each purpose will go to this charity – is there anything else I need to do to be able to do this?  I have contacted the charity already and got the go-ahead from them. 

Question submitted 06/05/20 @ 08:19am
Industry: Social Enterprise (Community, Not-for-Profit, For Profit)
VIEW
VOTE
  • That is such wonderful mahi to do this – once you have consent from the charity, you just need to make sure you have systems in place to record total sales and allocating the portion of the sale back to the charity. Make sure you are clear on what % of the sale price you are giving and that you record for that, and then agree with the charity how often you will do this. Also maybe see if the charity is prepared to help promote the book sales for you and for them! Kia Kaha. Andy

Great work Rachel!

As Andy said, make sure that you have the process set up and agreed with the charity so everyone is clear on how it will work.

Also, think about how you can talk about the charity in your promotion and what they think your contribution to them will achieve. Share their impact stories!

Ngā mihi nui,

Lou

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.