fbpx

LETS GET DOWN TO BUSINESS.

Question :
Hi, how can I reach new audiences without spending lots of money? I have an ecommerce business selling quality goods for cats and their people (fangandfur.co.nz). I’ve done paid social media and google advertising in the past, but the returns have never really been worthwhile. looking for new ideas!

Question submitted 16/02/21 @ 05:25pm
Industry: Digital & Online Marketing
VIEW
VOTE
  • Up
    Down

Hi Caroline – Couple of questions – Do you have a Facebook pixel on your website, and how comprehensive is your email list? The reason I ask is that one of the most cost effective things you can do is to use this information to build “like Audiences” and target them through Facebook and Insta and then retarget those that engage. In terms of non paid activities you could try doing an Instagram live for Cat lovers. Lives have worked well in previous lockdowns for our businesses.

Up
    Down

Hey Caroline 🙂

I have checked out your ecom store and love the vibe of your business! I can understand your frustration around paying for advertising (through social media and google) and not feeling like the returns have been worthwhile as they are not hitting your expected targets.

After checking out your store I believe your product would be well recieved on Chooice http://www.chooice.co.nz . This is a great platform that currently has a following of 546.6k shoppers, majority based here in NZ and ready/wanting to support local business.

I would look at setting up a Chooice store with a few of your most popular products. Then utlise the posting abilty to post everyday from your business facebook about a different product that your store has to offer.

The Chooice community https://www.facebook.com/groups/Chooice love animals and it could be an awesome opportunity to make sales but also gain a following on your Facebook. Once you have gained this following you can create a look alike audience and potentially have more success and better reach via online marketing.

Chooice has created an phenomenal platform with incredible reach to active shoppers. Posting on the group page comes at no cost as well so it is the perfect opportunity to test the market with some simple advertising.

Hopefully this helps,
    Jazzy.

Up
    Down

I have checked out your online store it is lovely! In addition to the answers above, I would also add in there some good old fashoined ‘networking’
    If you have not already done so or done so recently

1. Join some social groups on Facebook for pet owners who don’t mind sharing of resources and information, if it doesn’t have to be in NZ then look internatioanally as well. Contribute some of your blogs to add value and start to become recognised as an ‘expert’ making sure your blog leads back to you and your site, will increase traffic and brand awareness

2. Craft a friendly email sharing your blogs and products with vets and pet stores, you won’t get all of them interested but if you say sent out 10 direct ‘letters’ by email, and followed up with a phone call to see if they would like a sample sent or something like that, this strategy is gold when done well. Direct mail is not dead, in fact I find this process powerfull because poeple get tired of bulk advertising efforts, a personal phone call is the key, you can even get someone else to do this calling for you as long as you know they get your brand and have a script from you.

3. Meet up locally if you are able, with the same as the above, good networking connections are valid, make sure local interest groups and businesses know about your blogs and products and give them an incentive to share, perhaps a referral program, where they get a loyalty rewards for sharing, this can be shaped up so many different ways

hope those ideas help

Jen

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.