fbpx

LETS GET DOWN TO BUSINESS.

Question :
Hi, I am currently running an ad on Facebook but am confused on how much money I should be spending on advertising through Facebook to really grow my Business? I have the funds but I am just trying to work out where it is best to spend more money to promote. Any tips ? Thanks!

Question submitted 27/04/21 @ 08:54pm
Industry: Digital & Online Marketing
VIEW
VOTE
    • Up
      Down

Hi Josie – my rule of thumb is start small and try a range of ad types – video, carrousels. lead generation etc. Consider what your objectives are also – brand building, CTR to eCom etc and decide what performance metric you are going to measure success on.
      I’m happy to hump on a quick call to talk through a bit more detail.

• Up
        Down

Hi Neil,

Sorry I only just saw the replies. I would love to jump on a quick call. How do we go about this?

Thanks for your replies, very helpful!

• Up
      Down

Hi Josie, great question. To work out how much to spend you really need to do two things 1: Set yourself a goal and 2: test how your adverts perform. For example, if your goal is to get landing page views on your website then run a test camapign with a smaller budget ($50-$100) and at the end of the campaign analyse how many landing page views you got and what the cost per view was. If it cost you $1 per landing page view then you can budget approximately $1000 to reach your goal of 1000 views.

Of course there will be variables – often ad camapigns will perform better at certain times so you need to factor in a contingency.

You also need to remember that you should always be refining and optimising your adverts to bring the average cost down. That means that ideally you’ll get more for your budget over time

It’s also important to think about which goals are actually going to grow your business. For example, you could have a goal to get followers and spend $2000 on a followers campaign which grows your page by 1000 followers (for example). But, the average organic reach of a Facebook post these days is just 5% so you’ve just paid $2000 to show your next organic (unpaid) post to only 50 people.

Instead, you could use that $2000 to drive traffic to your landing page, encourage messenger interactions or sell products which is likely a much better use of your budget. Setting a goal that makes sense is a big part of this.

I highly recommend the Facebook Blueprint course as a great resource to help you with your Facebook advertising. https://www.facebook.com/business/learn

Good luck!

• Up
      Down

Hi Josie, Claire and Neil have given some very relevant inputs. I would just add to that the bit about Audience defining. We have to be very clear on who are we targetting via FB/ Instagram and the Ad Manager platform allows fairly tight TG selection by geography, age, gender, attributes which will all help in making sure that you get the right cost and reach metrics. This bit is also iterative and over time you will find certain audience buckets are ending up giving you more traffic/ page views and leads…or whatever else is the metric you are defining.

Hope that helps!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.