fbpx

LETS GET DOWN TO BUSINESS.

Question :
Hi Team, We sell water tanks …. Innovative and real problem solving ones! Been growing for 3 years focusing on Specifiers and building companies. With potential upheaval in property sector and therefore lower number of builds in medium term (planning timeframes have changed so I mean 6 -12 mnths), we need to create new channels. I’m thinking plumbing merchants & hope the margin reduction will be offset by volume, with benefit of more secure payment. But I’d really appreciate please, a steer as to how to put a plan together for something like this. Thank you!

Question submitted 19/04/20 @ 07:17am
Industry: Manufacturing
VIEW
VOTE
  • Up
    Down

I saw your post and was thinking you have a pretty specialized product.
    I have created a website which would help you promote and sell your water tanks
    its helps any business present their products or services which they have offer.
    You create your own store, which every product you add, generates your own mini catalogue.
    Every single mini catalogue / store, that has a product added, pushes that product into our front facing catalogue so anyone can find what they are looking for fast.
    We have not launched yet, but once we get a lot of businesses signing up and adding product, shoppers will come.

We will look to be running in about 4 weeks, but you could setup now as that functionality is available.
    I noticed you had not had a reply so hope this reply helps.

Check out Shopper at https://www.shopper.co.nz

Up
    Down

Hi Stormie. Given that this scenario is changing daily your best bet is to talk to as many people in you market as you can as often as you can until you find some sort of opening to explore further – get on the blower with the plumbing merchants, plumbers, builders whoever and start picking their brains. If you’re not already doing so, get as many of your tanks listed on Trademe and see what is generating the most interest. You might find that one of your more obscure lines strikes a chord with a part of the market that you hadn’t considered previously i.e. start broad with as big an audience as possible (can’t go past TM but you might have to wait until Lvl 3 before you can list) then hammer that niche.

Up
    Down

Hi Stormie. Given that this scenario is changing daily your best bet is to talk to as many people in you market as you can as often as you can until you find some sort of opening to explore further – get on the blower with the plumbing merchants, plumbers, builders whoever and start picking their brains. If you’re not already doing so, get as many of your tanks listed on Trademe and see what is generating the most interest. You might find that one of your more obscure lines strikes a chord with a part of the market that you hadn’t considered previously i.e. start broad with as big an audience as possible (can’t go past TM but you might have to wait until Lvl 3 before you can list) then hammer that niche.

Up
    Down

Kia Ora Stormmie – can you share your website – do you have one, so I can take a look, and then will think a bit more – how competitive is the market for water tanks and do you know why you have won over the past. Final thing I will say – big upps for you to recognise that the market might change be changing – observing and then acting on that is what finding success is all about mate – keep doing that observation and action thing – rinse and repeat and you go on and be even stronger – Andy

Up
    Down

Cheers Andy, appreciate what you guys are doing with Maanaki!
    Site’s are http://www.aquacomb.co.nz and http://www.fencetank.co.nz and https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4NOI2sES2nhUbe4N-rrxMA
    Aquacomb is an Aussie product that we have license for, for all markets outside Aussie. Is manufactured here in NZ and sold across country. Is not just a tank, but is a solution to council required detention requirements, ideal for small sites and sites with issues like rock, or literally no room where buried or above ground tanks can’t fit. Competing products that we are replacing are Stormlite buried tanks and Thin Tanks above ground tanks – amongst many others. Price wise we fit between the two up to 5,000 litres but this isn’t about price but more about solution to a problem for many.
    The Fence Tank is our own ‘invention’ and addresses the issues of other above ground tanks – being visibility above fencelines, visible pipework, extra space taken up on small sites and ugliness! The Fence Tank is literally that, a tank that is a fence and is easy to install, just 4 screws to attach to fence posts.
    Our primary market are specifiers (architects & engineers) and building companies who need these products to meet council compliance reqs. We have avoided direct to consumers as they are time consuming and low value.
    Using a channel strategy gives us a wider distrib network and lowers credit risk.
    I look forward to your further thoughts. Thank you. Andrew Olsen 021 882862

Up
    Down

Morning Andrew

I can see both sides of this – the ‘fence tank’ is pretty cool – I have reached out to one of our advisors who is an architect, and also a building products specifier’s database to see if they have some comments/thoughts – Andy

Up
    Down

Cheers Andy, look forward to any follow up, rgds A

Up
    Down

Hi Andrew, how you getting on, I asked for Matt D to give you a call. Andy

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.