fbpx

LETS GET DOWN TO BUSINESS.

Question :
Hi there… big thank you for doing this as a small business owner… my question is in regard to the wage subsidy we have returned to work in level 3 and I have received the wage subsidy do I continue to use that money to pay my team I received for 12 weeks… or will I need to pay it back to the govt as we were only closed for 4 weeks thank you in advancewendy Ann

Question submitted 03/05/20 @ 10:47am
Industry: COVID-19 Funding & Support
VIEW
VOTE
  • Hi there, as along as you still meet the criteria for the subsidy (where you have estimated your turnover will be down by 30%), and using the subsidy to retain and pay your employees then you can continue to use that money to pay your team.

If you no longer meet the criteria for the subsidy (where you have estimated your turnover will be down by 30% but this has not occurred), and or no longer using the subsidy to retain and pay your employees then you will need to repay the unused portion of the wage subsidy. This would be a change in circumstance impacting on the eligibility for the subsidy and therefore need to repay.

Kia Kaha
    Nelson

Hi Wendy-Ann, you only need to have suffered the 30% drop in revenue for a month to qualify for the wage subsidy, even though it is paid for 12 weeks. So, if you were closed for 4 weeks, the fact that you have returned to work should not, in itself, stop you qualifying. Best wishes.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.